“Excellence and World Class”
“Offer Direction and Leadership to the Processed Food Industry of Sri Lanka”
SLFPA Founded in 1997 as an advocacy Group of Sri Lanka Food Processors Association consists of over 95 Member companies.
Committed to the Development of the country’s Processed food and beverage industry the Association consist of members from seven sub sectors addressing such issues as National Policy, Intra regional cooperation, Technology, Knowledge transfer and Marketing.
The Group offers leadership to a small but vibrant National Processed Food Industry. Vital to the Island Nation’s Agro based economy the sector directly employs over three hundred thousand persons while supporting over four million back stream producers.
- To gain recognition as Sri Lanka’s foremost representative body for the Food Processing Sector.
- To bench mark best practices and to motivate the local industry to achieve Global Standards.
- To create market opportunity by gaining recognition and adding value to the uses of the SL Brand.
- To be a distinct player in the Regions Food processing industry.
- To develop a comparatively and advantageous environment for the food Processing industry, increasing return on investment, benefits for stake holders and down stream producer communities.
- To play an important role in the country’s development effort.
- Facilitate intra-regional cooperation and development by playing an active role within the BIMST-EC Expert Group, for the sector.